The Women’s Foundation for the State of Arizona (formerly the Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona) has announced the opening of nominations for this year’s Laura Penny Community Impact Awards.
This annual award recognizes a woman leader from Southern Arizona who is making a difference in the lives of women and girls. Nominations will be accepted until November 22, 2021, and the winner will receive a stipend of $1,000 to use for professional development.
The Laura Penny Community Impact Award was created in recognition of former WFSA CEO Laura Penny and her legacy of making positive change in the lives of women and girls. The award honors a woman in Southern Arizona whose actions and accomplishments meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrates a commitment to equality and dedication to furthering the status of women or girls in Southern Arizona
- Engages in work that has positively affected the lives of women or girls and has potential for creating systemic change
- Serves as an important role model in the lives of women or girls
- Exhibits active involvement in feminist causes and/or organizations (e.g., pay equity, violence against women, women’s health, marginalized communities, etc.)
- Participates in significant efforts to improve women’s well-being
To learn more about the nomination criteria, click here or visit womengiving.org/impact-award.