In the pre-covid days, late April and early May was one of our favorite times of the year as our Agave Heritage Festival would take over Tucson, celebrating the region’s cultural and gastronomical identity with great food, music, talks, walks, and distilled spirits.
As our tip-toes become full steps into a more normal reality, we couldn’t resist celebrating this great festival by tipping our hat to its origins: Cinco de Mayo. The day conjures up images of fiestas and tequila, and on May 5th, 2008, the seeds were sown for what would become a city-wide, two week festival. So this year, we’re raising the bar and bringing a little bit more to this celebratory day; a Civilized Cinco de Mayo, you might say; a one-night event where we tap into the cultural depth of Agave Heritage Festival and the fun of Cinco de Mayo. Fantastic mezcals, food, and music for a limited number of folks on our still covid-aware plaza.
Get your tickets – the limited capacity and the guaranteed good time will make this a very in-demand event!
$25 advance ticket includes a complimentary, guided tasting of 3 fantastic mezcals, presented by regional experts including Luis Loya of Nacion de Las Verdes Matas
- Amormata Ensemble
- Real Minero Espadín
- Mezcal Derrumbes – Tzitio, Michoacan
Cocktail special — Mezcal Vago Blood Orange Negroni
- DJ Humblelianess
- Santa Pachita
Food Truck Menu:
- House made chips and salsa
- Nopales ceviche with fresh chips
- Shrimp ceviche with fresh chips
- Beer battered fish tacos, beans, Mexican rice, salsa
- Pork al pastor tostada, guacamole, pickled red onion, calabacitas, Mexican rice, salsa
- Sonoran hot dog, bacon, beans, mustard, sour cream, pico de gallo
- Fresh churros and house made caramel or chocolate sauce