Mick Rusing, a founding partner in the Tucson law firm of Rusing Lopez & Lizardi, P.L.L.C., was inducted into the prestigious International Academy of Trial Lawyers at its annual meeting March 18-21 in Santa Barbara, Calif.
Rusing is one of only six Tucson attorneys recognized by the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, or IATL, which limits membership to 500 Fellows from the United States.
According to the IATL, Rusing was evaluated by colleagues and judges in his jurisdiction and has been highly recommended by them as possessing the qualifications and characteristics required of Fellows.
A graduate of Stanford Law School, Rusing heads up the firm’s litigation section.
He has tried more than 100 cases in federal and state courts in areas that include breach of fiduciary duty, contract, employment, environmental, insurance bad faith, insurance coverage, legal malpractice, medical malpractice, patent infringement, products liability, securities, trusts and estates, will contests and wrongful death.
In addition to being named a Fellow by IATL, Rusing’s other awards and recognitions include:
• Best Lawyers in America 2015 Personal Injury Litigation Defense Lawyer of the Year, Tucson
• Top 50 lawyers in Arizona, 2014 Southwest Super Lawyers
• Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
• Best Lawyers in America in the categories of Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiff, Personal Injury Litigation – Defense, Banking & Finance Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Real Estate Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement Litigation
• Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business Litigation
• Benchmark America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorney, one of seven Litigation Stars in Arizona
• Promise Light Honoree, JDRF Southern Arizona Branch, 2014
• Father of the Year, Father’s Day Council Tucson, 2010
• Environmentalist of the Year, Arizona Game and Fish Commission, 2007
International Academy of Trial Lawyers
According to the IATL, the organization seeks out, identifies, acknowledges and honors those who have achieved a career of excellence through demonstrated skill and ability in jury trials, trials before the court and appellate practice. The Academy invites only lawyers who have attained the highest level of advocacy.
Chartered in 1954, the Academy’s general purposes are to cultivate the science of jurisprudence, promote reforms in the law, facilitate the administration of justice, and elevate the standards of integrity, honor and courtesy in the legal profession.
Established in Tucson, Ariz., in 1992, Rusing Lopez & Lizardi, PLLC, is a leader in commercial litigation and business counsel. RL&L is a proud member of The National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms. Numerous RL&L attorneys have been distinguished as Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers, and the firm has been recognized as a Best Law Firm in U.S. News and World Report’s Best Law Firms. It is AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated through Martindale-Hubble. More information can be found at www.rllaz.com.