The Tucson Metro Chamber board of directors elected Tony Penn, President & CEO of United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona, as chairman of the Tucson Metro Chamber board for the 2014-2015 term that began on April 1.
Penn succeeds Kurt Wadlington, project director for Sundt Construction, who served as chairman since April 2013. Mr. Wadlington’s service on the Tucson Metro Chamber board will continue as he becomes immediate past chairman.
The entire board of directors seated for the 2014-2015 term is as follows:
• Chairman of the Board Tony Penn, United Way of Tucson & Southern Arizona
• Vice Chair Tom McGovern, PSOMAS
• Immediate Past Chairman Kurt Wadlington, Sundt Construction
• Treasurer Robert Ramirez, Vantage West Credit Union
• Secretary Cyndy Valdez, Golden Eagle Distributors, Inc.
Board of Directors
• Bill Assenmacher, Caid Industries
• James Beckmann, Jr., Carondelet Health Network
• Tim Bee, The University of Arizona
• Jim Burns, Casino Del Sol Resort
• Bruce Dusenberry, Suddath Relocation Systems
• John Gibson, Wells Fargo
• Guy Gunther, CenturyLink
• Stephanie Healy, Cox Communications
• Robert Lenhard, Hallmark Business Consultants
• Larry Lucero, UNS Energy Corporation
• Kay McLoughlin, Raytheon Missile Systems
• Walter Richter, Southwest Gas Corp.
• Cody Ritchie, Crest Insurance Group
• Steve Rosenberg, BizTucson
• Keri Silvyn, Lazarus, Silvyn & Bangs, PC
• Howard Stewart, AGM Container Controls, Inc.
• Cristie Street, Nextrio
• Richard Underwood, AAA Landscape
• Judy Wood, Contact One Call Center
For more information regarding the Chamber’s board of directors contact (520) 792-1212 or visit TucsonChamber.org.
About The Tucson Metro Chamber The mission of the Tucson Metro Chamber is to promote a strong local economy resulting in business growth, ample employment and improving quality of life for all citizens. The Chamber is a membership-based business advocacy and networking organization that represents nearly 1,450 businesses, employing more than 110,000 employees in the Greater Tucson area. Small business makes up approximately 85 percent of Chamber membership, which mirrors the overall Tucson area business community.